Thursday, November 20, 2008

Packing, packing, packing

Whistle while you work....... Well I can't whistle, but we've been working a lot lately getting ready to move. It's amazing how many "things" we've collected over the 6 years we've lived here. It's been nice to go through some of the stuff and take a bunch to the DI and throw some of the junk away. It's been a crazy week for us with boxes everywhere but getting the POD has made it a bit easier. We hope to have everything packed up by tomorrow so that when our helpers come on Saturday it shouldn't be too hard or take to long to load everything up.

We closed on our house today and signed all the papers, so our house is no longer ours. On the other hand, right now we are completely debt free. That's a nice thought.

Wouldn't you know it though, the kids have both been sick this week with a little fever that lasts 2 days. Karen had it first on Monday and Tuesday and now Michael has it. I guess it's his turn. Just a little more to take care of during this busy week. At least after Saturday, the moving thing will be over with for a couple of months.

2 comments:

Trudi & Gary said...

I can't whistle either... wonder if it is a dormant genetic trait?...
Hope your little ones feel better soon, hopefully you won't get sick too, I'm crossing my fingers...
Trudi

unange14 said...

Trust me, I hate packing too! You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to put it all into boxes. I am always tempted to just rent a dumpster, throw everything I own away, and start from scratch. Very tempting...