Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Can't Believe It

Well, we had decided to take our house off the market, but hadn't quite told our realtor yet when out of the blue, yesterday we got an offer on our house. We countered yesterday and today they accepted! Total shock, but good. I'm so excited! We didn't think that it would happen, so I haven't been looking at houses lately and now begins the scramble to find the house we want. Our buyers want to be in our house the weekend before Thanksgiving which doesn't give us much time and might mean that we will need to find temporary housing before finding the home we want to buy, but it's a step in the right direction and I am thrilled! Neils hates moving and isn't quite as thrilled, but he'll come around when we find the home we want.

We are sad to leave the wonderful neighborhood, ward, and especially the great friends we've made in this area, but we won't be moving too far away, so we will definitely keep the friends we've made here. Change is good. Wish us luck. Keep us in your prayers. We'll keep you updated on the latest goings on.

8 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

Congratulations! Oh and good luck with all the packing that will need to happen! If you need somewhere for the kids to come and play for a couple hours so you can get some good packing done just give me a call!

Kori said...

Congrats, that is exciting news. Good luck with the move!

Heather said...

Congratulations! Hope you find the perfect house soon :)

Michelle said...

Congrats!! Hope it goes smooth for you and you find a house soon! :)

barlow.stephanie said...

Muy congrats! I hope you find a super awesome house for your super awesome family soon.

Cindy Louhoo :) said...

We are so excited for you! When things fall into place like this it's totally meant to be!! Yay!! Keep us posted!!

Trudi & Gary said...

Wow! What awesome news! Talk to your Realtor, I used to work for one, the move out date (called date of possession) can be negotiated. The people moving in have needs, but the current owners are in control of the situation. Good news is that now that your home has sold, you can find something quickly.
I know the perfect home is out there waiting for you!
Trudi

Kathleen White said...

That is so great! Just don't rush into a house because of the pressure. Find the right one, one you'll be happy in for a long time. Good luck.