Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Temple

Yesterday we went to the temple during our first open house. It was a beautiful summer day and a perfect day to be in the temple. We saw several brides getting pictures taken which is always fun. We were able to get into a session of sealings which we love to do. It helps us reflect on the day we were sealed and helps us remember the commitments we made and blessings that can be ours if we live right. I came out with a very happy yet peaceful feeling. I love that. It's been a few months since we went to do work for the dead and I've missed the feeling I get when I go there.

During our open house we had about four people come. We weren't there, but our realtor said that two were curious neighbors that wanted to see our home. The other two were buyers that were checking out our home. He said that one of them seemed really interested and he wouldn't be surprised if they called for a second showing, but I'm not getting my hopes up. We were encouraged that someone wanted to see our home. These are the first people we have had come through our home since we put our house up for sale last month. Hopefully we'll get more in the next few weeks.

I can't believe the summer is almost over. I see my friends blogs who have kids beginning school already and I think of Karen starting preschool at the end of this month. It's hard to believe she's old enough, but she is so ready and excited to go to school. She's growing up really fast.

No comments: