Friday, March 27, 2009

Discovery Museum

I've heard so many wonderful things about the Discovery Museum in the Gateway downtown, so when Karen's preschool was going I thought it was a great opportunity especially when I could go and Michael could too. We've never been before so it was exciting. Michael always wants to go to school with Karen and so he was really excited to be able to actually go with her that day. It was wonderful. The kids had so much fun and loved all the exhibits they had there. Here are a few pictures that show some of the things they were able to do there. This first one is in an area with balls and tubes everywhere.This was the waterworks area and Michael would have stayed here the whole time (if I would have let him).This was a wind tube where Karen and Michael spent a lot of time. They were intrigued with this and thought it was so cool.
The weather station where Karen was the star!
This was the absolute favorite. The mini helicopter where they could get in and out and even get in the cockpit and air control tower. They loved this and didn't want to get out when it was time to go.

2 comments:

Kathleen White said...

That place is soooo fun with little kids! It's great that you were able to go. It looks like they had a lot of fun!

StarkFamily said...

That is one of the best places! I'm so glad that you guys had fun!