Monday, February 23, 2009

Is It Spring Yet?

I am so ready to have it be spring. I want to let the kids go play outside in our fenced backyard, go discover the parks in the neighborhood and go for walks again. But the weather just doesn't want to cooperate. I guess it will come soon enough. Instead I just changed my background to a spring theme to try and usher in the season. In the mean time I've been going through pictures and files (saving them to another computer because this one is having issues) and I found some miscellaneous cute pictures that I haven't posted but thought would be good to post now.

Here's a picture of me and Karen taken around the same age. What do you think? Does she look like me at all?
This next one is of Karen one morning after we'd take out some french braids and just left it down and kinky, she went and found a headband and tried to put in on by herself and this is how it ended up. I think she looks just like a hippie especially with the antique type coloring of the picture, funny that it turned out that way without me even trying.

One day I got some tulips and Michael wanted to smell them. It's so funny how a 2 year old tries to smell flowers. Here's the face and you can imagine the sound as he tried to sniff the flowers. Afterwards he said mmmmmmm. So cute.

One more of Michael. One day he asked to have his hair like daddy's, so we got the mousse and combed his hair back and he was so excited. He kept saying "Handsome like daddy." He can be so sweet.

1 comment:

Pam Hyer said...

I am anxious for spring too. I can hardly wait for my tulips to start peeking up. I think Karen looks a lot like you, but I can see a little of Neils too. You will be so glad you kept a record of the cute little things your kids are doing. They grow up so fast!