Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloweening

We've had a very fun Halloween filled weekend. Yesterday was our ward's trunk-or-treat Halloween party at our church house and then tonight was my sister-in-law's Halloween party at their church building. They had carnival type activities at both parties, dinner, cupcakes, cakes, plus trunk-or-treating at ours and trick-or-treating in the classrooms at our in-law's. Very busy, very fun and the kids loved it. They were bouncing off the walls by the time we got home with a candy buzz, but they loved it. I'm so done with Halloween and we still have another week until the actual holiday. Oh well.

Here are the kids all dressed up in their costumes at the party. Karen and Michael are "ruff"ing in the picture though it sounded more like a roar.These are their cousins

And this is a close up of the kids faces. Did I do good?

I was thinking that with all the candy they got at these two events that we don't need to take the kids out trick-or-treating on Halloween. I mentioned this to Neils and he said that he still wants to take the kids around the neighborhood. Must be his inner-child needing to get out and celebrate the holiday. Well, at least we'll have candy for the next three months or more.

4 comments:

Meet the Queen said...

You did a great and I mean GREAT job on the make-up. I tried to put make-up on a 2 year old tonight and it was a disater! Maybe next year I'll let you do the make-up.

Heather K. said...

Hey, it was great to hear from you. Karen's hair is amazingly long. Did that happen in 3 months? Wow. You guys look adorable as always.

Kathleen White said...

You did a fantastic job on the kids' makeup! What's more, I can't believe the kids didn't touch and smudge it up. That's why I hate it when my 8 year old get's her face painted - she can't keep her hands off it. Lucky you.

Michelle said...

What a great job you did!! :) They looked amazing! And with your candy situation...freeze what you can and bring it out occassionally!! Candy bars freeze the best! We're still eating candy bars from last Christmas!! :)