Neils bought them for me and every time I look at them I smile. There are several reasons these flowers make me smile. First is that it is a sign of spring. It's been winter for so long (it seems) and everything is dead that it's nice to have something green and growing to look at. Another is the miracle of life. When we bought these flowers, they were not much more than buds with a tinge of color on them. Within a day the color got brighter and some of the buds started to open. Each night as it got dark, the flowers would close their petals and almost looked like buds again. But the next morning they would be even fuller blooms than the day before. It amazes me! Another thing is the colors, the colors are even prettier than the picture and perfect pastels for spring. It's hard not to smile at pink and purple flowers. Another thing that makes me happy is that my sweet husband made a special effort to buy me flowers and I can't help but smile to think of his thoughtfulness in doing that for me. Amazing that such a simple thing as flowers can have so many reasons to make me smile :)
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Happy Flowers
My sister has been doing a happiness blog. She takes a picture every day of something that makes her happy. It's rubbed off a little as I've been noticing things that make me happy in my life. It has been fun. The thing recently that can make me smile every time I look at them are my flowers.
Neils bought them for me and every time I look at them I smile. There are several reasons these flowers make me smile. First is that it is a sign of spring. It's been winter for so long (it seems) and everything is dead that it's nice to have something green and growing to look at. Another is the miracle of life. When we bought these flowers, they were not much more than buds with a tinge of color on them. Within a day the color got brighter and some of the buds started to open. Each night as it got dark, the flowers would close their petals and almost looked like buds again. But the next morning they would be even fuller blooms than the day before. It amazes me! Another thing is the colors, the colors are even prettier than the picture and perfect pastels for spring. It's hard not to smile at pink and purple flowers. Another thing that makes me happy is that my sweet husband made a special effort to buy me flowers and I can't help but smile to think of his thoughtfulness in doing that for me. Amazing that such a simple thing as flowers can have so many reasons to make me smile :)
Neils bought them for me and every time I look at them I smile. There are several reasons these flowers make me smile. First is that it is a sign of spring. It's been winter for so long (it seems) and everything is dead that it's nice to have something green and growing to look at. Another is the miracle of life. When we bought these flowers, they were not much more than buds with a tinge of color on them. Within a day the color got brighter and some of the buds started to open. Each night as it got dark, the flowers would close their petals and almost looked like buds again. But the next morning they would be even fuller blooms than the day before. It amazes me! Another thing is the colors, the colors are even prettier than the picture and perfect pastels for spring. It's hard not to smile at pink and purple flowers. Another thing that makes me happy is that my sweet husband made a special effort to buy me flowers and I can't help but smile to think of his thoughtfulness in doing that for me. Amazing that such a simple thing as flowers can have so many reasons to make me smile :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I love tulips!! One of my favorite flowers! and purple to boot - may favorite color! That does bring a great deal of happiness :)
Post a Comment