Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December

I love the month of December. After Thanksgiving I really get into the Christmas spirit! This year we were able to put Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving. This being our first Christmas in this house, I've enjoyed figuring out where to put all our decorations and seeing everything in new and different spots somehow makes them seem new again. I especially love listening to the holiday music and hearing all my favorites again. The Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel and Lifetime are also fun and make me happy.

Traditions and parties make the season complete. Seeing the lights at temple square is one of my favorites, though it's also the coldest. On Sunday we had the opportunity to go downtown and hear Neils' mom sing at the assembly hall, which was beautiful. We went a bit early and walked around looking at the lights and the Christus statue. I actually took the camera this time and got a few pictures though we look a bit silly all bundled up in coats and hats. The kids really enjoyed it and didn't want to leave.

The only thing I don't like right now is that I pinched a nerve in my neck and I don't know how. I can't look to the left and it hurts to move in certain ways. It was so bad I went into the chiropractor and got an adjustment and found out more about it. He says it could take a couple weeks to a month to heal and that I can't drive for at least a week (since I can't turn my head). He gave me a neck brace and it's a pain in the neck (pun intended), though I don't have to wear it all the time gratefully. When I don't have it on, the kids love to pretend their neck hurts too and they like to put it on their neck. It's cute. The biggest pain is that I can't drive. I have so many little errands and things I usually do during the day while Neils is at work, I never realized how convenient that is until now when I can't and have to wait til he gets home or have him do it for me. Oh well, keeps me humble and grateful that I do have that convenience when I'm well. And it makes me grateful for a wonderful husband who will help me out and do all those little things for me.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

If you need me to pick anything up for you during the day, let me know. I'd offer to just take you, but my boys are off track and we can't fit that many people in our car. :-)

LouandAngela said...

Yikes! That's pretty difficult to be out of commission like that. Sorry to hear about your "pain in the neck." I hope it feels MUCH better--healed by now!

Kathleen White said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your pinched nerve. I just read your post today, wish I had known earlier. I'm glad you recovered all right.