Monday, December 14, 2009

8 years

Today I have been married for 8 years. My wonderful husband has started it off great! As I left to take Karen to school, Karen pointed out that I had a note on the door that said Jen. I recognized my husband's writing and was a bit surprised because lately it's been my daughter writing me all kinds of notes. I wondered what it could be. Obviously it is our anniversary, but I also thought it might be a note reminding me of some appointment or something he needed at the store. I also considered it might be a treasure hunt of some kind and maybe he had gotten me a present or something. But what I found was infinitely better. When I got home I opened the note and found a long love letter. Thankfully it was typed so that I could read it all easily, but it was the first love letter he's ever written to me. It was so beautiful and eloquent, I never realized how good a writer my husband is. It was so sweet it made me cry, in a good way of course.

I've always been sentimental and kept notes and letters from some of my past boyfriends and it's been true with my husband too even though he hasn't written much to me, usually just cards or quick notes or something. This is the first real letter he's given me and I love it and will keep it in a special place.

1 comment:

LouandAngela said...

How sweet! I'm glad he wrote you a love note! We need these kinds of letter for our posterity! Don't you think?