Sunday, August 16, 2009
Getting Better
So after 2 days of Michael not eating anything and then not even wanting to drink anything, Neils decided that enough was enough. He decided he would be the bad guy (cause I just couldn't) and force fed our son. He took a medicine dropper and some juice and teaspoon by teaspoon squirted juice into Michael's mouth and, after a couple times, Michael decided that he could do that and he was hungry/thirsty enough to tolerate it. After a day of that, we tried to give him some soft foods like broth or pudding. He didn't want to do that, he was so afraid that it would hurt his mouth. So after a while of him playing with the pudding (his favorite chocolate) and not getting any in his mouth, I sat down with him and persuaded him to open his mouth a bit and try some. After the first bite Michael decided it didn't hurt and that it tasted really good, he asked for more and more and more. After this hurdle things changed drastically and a day later he was eating just like before and trying to make up for lost time. Now he is doing just fine and you can't even tell that anything is wrong. The sores in his mouth are healing, though they are not gone yet. Hopefully by next week he will be completely over this. Thanks for everyone's concern and prayers, I know that it helped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about Michael's illness. It sounds awful. I'm glad to hear he is getting better - and I hope no one else got it.
Post a Comment