Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bird House

One day Karen asked me if she could build a bird house. I told her we didn't have any wood. She said she didn't need any, that she just needed some card board. Well, we had some of that, so I told her sure. I gave her some cardboard and some scissors, showed her how to cut it, and left her to it. I honestly thought she would get tired of it or think it was too hard and give up. So I was surprised when a little while later she came to me and showed me her birdhouse.

I was seriously impressed. She had a hole for the birds and had even taped a piece to the front as a perch. Karen finished it off with a string taped to the top to hang it on the tree. I was so proud of her for finishing a project, not giving up, and for making it work. It even looks really good. She was also very proud of her project. I helped her hang it in the tree and she's excited for a bird to make a home in it.

No comments: