Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Painting

We have a cute pumpkin patch just down the road from us, so we decided to take the kids and let them pick their own pumpkins this year. It was quite fun and the kids loved looking at all the pumpkins and finding their favorites. Luckily they chose small ones so it didn't cost us an arm and a leg. We decided to let the kids paint their pumpkins instead of carving them. (Lots less messy and no chance of getting cut).

Karen wanted a scary face and this is how it turned out. I outlined the face and she painted it in. She did a really good job I think.

Michael had fun mixing all the paint together and didn't really do a face, but he had a blast anyway. I went back later and painted a face over what he had done. Neils says it looks like a hobo face, but Michael thinks it's silly which is just what he wanted.

We had a lot of fun. Now to finish their costumes and we'll be ready for Halloween! We also did a little Halloween treat, a practice for our ward Halloween party. They are called severed fingers, they look pretty good eh?


Since I haven't blogged for so long I did three just tonight. So keep going down to see them.

3 comments:

barlow.stephanie said...

Can I get the recipe for the fingers? Thanks,

Steph

The Bronson Bunch said...

I would love the recipe for the fingers as well!! The kids have gotten so big! I love the Ute cheerleader get up. Go Utes! I love the idea of painting pumpkins, we might have to do that this year! Yours look great!

Sarah Lee said...

how did you do your fingers? like what did you use. I have a recipe for breadstick "witch" fingers, but yours look better than mine... do tell, we have a Halloween party coming up!