Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek XI

The new Star Trek movie came out this week and Neils scored tickets from work so that we could see it today. I've been very skeptical of this movie ever since I found out that Sylar (the bad guy on Heroes) was going to play Spock. I just didn't think he fit the role and was very disappointed with their casting him. Then I saw the previews and it looked so violent and not like the Star Trek TOS (The Original Series) at all. So I wasn't very excited to see it, though I did "have to" see it since I've seen every Star Trek movie and nearly every episode of every Star Trek series they have had. Well today was the day and I wasn't expecting to like it at all especially after some review that I read that said that Trekkies that like the original series didn't like it much and since I'm in that category I didn't have much hope. But by the end of the movie I was all smiles and I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it so much. I especially liked Leonard Nimoy's appearance in the film. In fact I like it enough that I actually want to see it in the theater again (which is saying a lot since I don't see a movie in the theater more than once). Anyone who is wondering whether or not they want to see yet another Star Trek movie and a prequel at that I suggest you see it, I think you'll be suprised.

No comments: