We rang in the new year 2009 having dinner and playing games with Neils family. We had fun and the kids enjoyed playing with some of their cousins. Technically we were alseep by the time the new year actually came in, but we had enjoyed a fun filled evening.
This year is bringing a lot of new changes for us, a new house, a new ward, Karen will start Kindergarten in the fall, and I'm sure there will be things that we don't expect that will happen too. We have had a lot of fun things happen in the last year like moving and Karen in kindergarten, and sad things too like my father passing away. But we are ready to look forward and hope for the best. In looking to the new year I've also made a couple new year resolutions. I believe in making resolutions that I can actually keep so here is what we are working toward as a family. We will try to go to the temple 8 times this year. We will have a planned family outing at least 8 times this year, and one of them will be a family vacation.
We hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve and hope the year to come brings lots of blessing to you and your families.
3 comments:
I am not sure if you will be in the Jordan school district or not, but my girls just got papers sent home telling us to make sure to let people with children ready to start Kindergarten next year that registration has started.
Great to see that someone still believes in resolutions - ours is to answer each challenge in our lives with kindness. I was really challenged today when the bank messed up my atm card. The count to ten trick really worked and I was able to separate the worker from the problem and get it solved without getting angry.
Hope this new year is even better than the last one has been for you. :-)
Looks like your goals are reachable - very important in goal setting. I wish you good luck.
Post a Comment